[ABE-L] Seminar on Probability and Stochastic Processes - IME-USP - Fryday - 2pm

Aline Duarte alineduarte em usp.br
Seg Out 17 18:16:16 -03 2022

Prezados colegas,

na próxima sexta-feira, 21 de outubro, às 14h, acontecerá mais um
seminário híbrido do ciclo SPSP-IME-USP. O seminário será *presencial, *na
sala Multiuso do Numec, Bloco C, e transmitido simultaneamente no YouTube,
pelo link

https://youtu.be/hnM2TOyR8LI

Outras informações sobre os seminários passados e próximos seminários estão
disponíveis em  https://sites.google.com/usp.br/psps-ime-usp/in%C3%ADcio

Um abraço,

Aline Duarte

________________________________

*Seminar on Probability and Stochastic Processes*

Speaker: *Leandro P. R. Pimentel* (UFRJ)

Next Friday, *October 21th - 2pm*

Location: Sala Multiuso - Numec (Bloco C, IME-USP)

Live on: https://youtu.be/hnM2TOyR8LI

*Title*: Asymptotic Independence via Malliavin-Stein Method.

*Abstract*: How far is the joint law of a two-dimensional random vector
from the product measure induced by its marginals? In this talk we address
this question in the context of a Markov process within the KPZ
universality class, where the first coordinate of the vector is given by an
observable of a Brownian initial condition, and the second one is an
observable of the process at a later time. To attack this task we will use
tools from Malliavin calculus and Stein’s Method, which will allow us to
get a precise space-time scaling behavior for asymptotic independence.