[ABE-L] Fwd: Fw: CIRS/SWB December 13th Webinar on Dynamic Linear Models

Kelly Cristina kelly em dme.ufrj.br
Ter Dez 5 12:16:01 -03 2023

Caros colegas,

A pedido da professora Alexandra Schmidt da McGill University, segue abaixo
divulgação de Webinar a ser ministrado pelo Hedibert Lopes no dia 13 de
dezembro .

Obrigada.

The next CIRS/SWB Webinar is coming up next week!   Please see the
description below and the attached flyer. As usual, we would much
appreciate it if you would help us inform others who might be interested,
and we would like to invite you to join us!  Please feel free to forward
this email to anyone you know who might be interested.  Our webinars are
*free* and provide introductory lectures on hot topics given by experts in
the field.   Suggestions on future topics are welcome and can be sent to me
or Alex Schmidt (alexandra.schmidt em mcgill.ca).

We hope to see you there!

*Title:*  AN INTRODUCTION TO TIME SERIES ANALYSIS VIA DYNAMIC LINEAR MODELS

*Time:* DECEMBER 13, 2023, 12:00 - 1:30 P.M. ET

*Speaker:* Hedibert Lopes, Professor of Statistics and Econometrics, Insper

models for analysis and forecasting of non-stationary time series. Topics
that will be discussed include model building and methods for Bayesian
filtering, smoothing and forecasting. The models and inference tools will
be illustrated in the analysis of temporal datasets arising in different
applied fields, including neuroscience and environmental science.

*How to register*:
https://amstat.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ZxOuWO3dTfmG7BunCy8hSA#/registration

Or visit the CIRS website’s page on webinars:

https://community.amstat.org/committeeoninternationalrelationsinstatistics/events2/webinars

*Become a friend of the Committee on International Relations in
Statistics!  Register at https://form.jotform.com/zzlalo/friends-of-cirs
<https://form.jotform.com/zzlalo/friends-of-cirs>.   Friends of the
committee receive occasional emails with information that is deemed of
interest to statisticians and students from around the world, including
webinars, conference funding opportunities, networking events, job
announcements, etc.   We also send occasional news about the committee’s
activities and opportunities to volunteer.  All are welcome!*

*Did you know that the ASA reduced the membership fee for developing
countries to $10 this year?  Visit the membership page for more
information:  https://www.amstat.org/membership
<https://www.amstat.org/membership>*

Alex Schmidt on behalf o fthe Committee on International Relations in
Statistics
<https://community.amstat.org/committeeoninternationalrelationsinstatistics/home>

<https://community.amstat.org/committeeoninternationalrelationsinstatistics/home>

Atenciosamente,