[ABE-L] Fwd: Call for expression of interest

Dani Gamerman dani em im.ufrj.br
Qui Jul 20 10:28:48 -03 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Isadora ANTONIANO VILLALOBOS <isadora.antoniano em unive.it>
Date: qui., 20 de jul. de 2023 07:13
Subject: Call for expression of interest

Hi, I hope you're doing well,

I'm resending this message to you in case you know someone who may
be interested, or someone who may know someone who may be interested, or
someone... you understand.
We would be grateful if you can help us spread the word.

My very best wishes to all,
Isadora

Dear friends and colleagues,

Within the next months, we will be looking to hire two postdoctoral
fellows, one in the University of Venice and one in the University of
Padova (Italy), to work on our recently funded project on Rethinking and
Innovating Statistics for Extremes (https://risextremes.github.io). We
expect the start date for the fellows to be in December 2023/January 2024,
with some possible flexibility. As the name suggests, the project will
mostly focus on extremes, aiming at overcoming some of the restrictive
assumptions underlying classical extreme value theory. In particular we
wish to employ Bayesian and frequentist nonparametric and semiparametric
methods, extending their use in the field of extreme value statistics.
The ideal candidate has a PhD in Statistics or related field with some
experience in the analysis of extremes and/or Bayesian analysis,
non-parametric modeling, and good programming skills. At present, we are
collecting expressions of interest from candidates who might be interested
in these positions - so please spread the word to anybody who you think
might be suitable (i.e. also candidates who might not match all the
characteristics of the ideal candidate).
Interested candidates can email ilaria.prosdocimi em unive.it: they will be
informed as soon as the opening is officially published.

Ilaria Prosdocimi, Isadora Antoniano Villalobos and Antonio Canale

--
*Isadora Antoniano-Villalobos*
Associate Professor

Edificio Zeta
Scientific Campus
via Torino 155
30172 Mestre (VE)
Italy
isadora.antoniano em unive.it
https://www.unive.it/data/people/20055797

Nota automatica aggiunta dal sistema di posta

*Sostieni il futuro*
Dona il tuo 5x1000 al Collegio Internazionale Ca' Foscari
*FINANZIAMENTO DELLA RICERCA SCIENTIFICA E DELLA UNIVERSITÀ | CODICE
FISCALE: 80007720271*