[ABE-L] Ciclo de seminários - PPGE

Maria do Carmo Soares de Lima maria em de.ufpe.br
Seg Jun 19 20:52:37 -03 2023

Boa noite todos,
Esta mensagem é para divulgar mais uma palestra do Ciclo de Seminários do
PPGE/UFPE (2023), que será realizada na quarta-feira 21/06, às 15:00 de
forma remota.
Palestrante: Agatha Sacramento Rodrigues - UFES
Sobre a palestra:
Link da videochamada: https://meet.google.com/kvp-wpff-koi
Ou disque: ‪(US) +1 567-218-3295‬ PIN: ‪299 626 538‬#

Título: A defective cure rate quantile regression model for a maternal
population with severe COVID-19

Resumo:

In this work, we will particularly address the problem of assessing
prognostic factors on the specific survival times of pregnant and
postpartum women hospitalized with severe acute respiratory syndrome
confirmed by COVID-19 when cure is a possibility, where there is also the
interest in explaining this impact on different quantiles of the survival
times. To this end, we fitted a quantile regression model for survival data
in the presence of long-term survivors based on the generalized Gompertz
distribution in a defective version, which is conveniently reparametrized
in terms of the q-th quantile and then linked to covariates via a logarithm
link function. The considered approach allows us to obtain how each
variable affects the survival times in different quantiles. In addition, we
are able to study the effects of covariates on the cure rate as well. We
consider Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods to develop a Bayesian
analysis in the proposed model and we evaluate its performance through a
Monte Carlo simulation study. This study is part of the Brazilian Obstetric
Observatory, a multidisciplinary project that aims to monitor and analyze
public data from Brazil in order to disseminate relevant information in the
area of maternal and child health.

Trabalho conjunto com Patrick Borges (Departamento de Estatística da
Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo) and Bruno Santos (School of
Mathematics, Statistics, and Actuarial Science -  University of Kent,
Canterbury, Reino Unido)

Contamos com a presença de todos!

Att,

--