[ABE-L] Seminário de Probabilidade - IM-UFRJ - 8 de maio - online

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Qua Maio 3 19:29:15 -03 2023

Dear colleagues,

Our next seminar will be held on Monday, *May 8*, from *3 p.m. to 4 p.m*.
(Rio de Janeiro local time). This meeting will take place on Zoom, through
the link below:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87114243701?pwd=TDB3Sm9jUGpEcmpnVFdLdURkTGZ4QT09

Speaker: *Sandra Palau  (**IIMAS - UNAM)*

Title:  Coalescent Structure of Galton Watson trees in varying environment

Abstract: In this talk, we analyse the genealogy of a sample of k particles
without replacement from a population alive at large time in a critical
Galton Watson process in varying environment.  Our approach uses k
distinguished spine particles and a suitable change of measure similar
to a k-size biasing with a discounting rate proportional to the total
population size. Under this measure, we provide the law of the splitting
times of the spines and the offspring distribution of particles on and off
the spines.

All the talks are held in English.

More complete information about the seminars can be found at

http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3355

Sincerely,

Organizers: Giulio Iacobelli e Maria Eulalia Vares

p.s. Those who do not wish to receive our next announcements may simply
send an email to  <eulalia em im.ufrj.br>  asking to be removed from the
list.

Não
contém vírus.www.avast.com
<#m_-5528935349823815728_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>