[ABE-L] Próximo seminário de Probabilidade - IM-UFRJ - 30 de outubro -

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Ter Out 24 08:44:18 -03 2023

Dear colleagues,

Our next seminar will be held on Monday, *October 30*, from *3:30 p.m. to
4:30 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time). This meeting will take place on
Google Meet, through the link below:

https://meet.google.com/kvi-kmjt-xue

Speaker: *Alessandra Cipriani (Univ. College London)*

Title:  Properties of the gradient squared of the Gaussian free field

Abstract: In this talk we study the scaling limit of a random field which
is a non-linear transformation of the gradient Gaussian free field. More
precisely, our object of interest is the recentered square of the norm of
the gradient Gaussian free field at every point of the square lattice.
Surprisingly, in dimension 2 this field bears a very close connection to
the height-one field of the Abelian sandpile model studied in Dürre (2009).
In fact, with different methods we are able to obtain the same scaling
limits of the height-one field: on the one hand, we show that the limiting
cumulants are identical (up to a sign change) with the same conformally
covariant property, and on the other that the same central limit theorem
holds when we view the interface as a random distribution. We generalize
these results to higher dimensions as well.

*Joint work with Rajat Subhra Hazra (Leiden), Alan Rapoport (Utrecht) and
Wioletta Ruszel (Utrecht)*

All the talks are held in English.

More complete information about the seminars can be found at

http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3398

Sincerely,

Organizers: Giulio Iacobelli e Maria Eulalia Vares