[ABE-L] Fwd: Probability Seminar - IM-UFRJ - November 6 - online - Ciprian Tudor (Univ. Lille) -

'Maria Eulalia Vares' via abe-l@ime.usp.br abe-l em ime.usp.br
Ter Out 31 12:58:58 -03 2023

Caros, segue o aviso de nosso próximo seminário. Será online, pelo
google-meet.
Obrigada.
Saudações,
Euallia

Dear colleagues,

Our next seminar will be held on Monday, *November 6*, from *3:30 p.m. to
4:30 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time). This meeting will take place on
Google Meet, through the link below:

https://meet.google.com/kvi-kmjt-xue

Speaker: *Ciprian Tudor (Université de Lille)*

Title:  Stein’s method and asymptotic independence

Abstract: If *Y* is a random vector in *R*^d we denote by *P_Y* its
probability distribution. Consider a random variable X and a d-dimensional
random vector *Y*. We develop a multidimensional variant of the
Stein-Malliavin calculus which allows to measure the Wasserstein distance
between the law P_(X, *Y*) and the probability distribution P_Z x* P_Y*,
where Z is a Gaussian random variable. That is, we give estimates, in terms
of the Malliavin operators, for the distance between the law of the
random vector  (X, *Y*) and the law of the vector (Z,*Y*), where Z is
Gaussian and independent of *Y*.

Then we focus on the particular case of random vectors in Wiener chaos and
we give an asymptotic version of this result. In this situation, this
variant of the Stein-Malliavin calculus has strong and unexpected
consequences.

All the talks are held in English.

More complete information about the seminars can be found at

http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3398

Sincerely,

Organizers: Giulio Iacobelli e Maria Eulalia Vares