[ABE-L] Seminário de Probabilidade - IM-UFRJ - 02 de outubro -

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Ter Set 26 20:38:51 -03 2023

Dear colleagues,

Our next seminar will be held on Monday, *October 2*, from *3:30 p.m. to
4:30 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time).  This meeting will take place at
room *C116 - Bloco C - CT** – Instituto de Matemática – UFRJ. *There will
be no transmission online.

Speaker: *Enrique D. Andjel*

Title: One dimensional contact process with modified border conditions

Abstract:  In this joint work with Leonardo Rolla we study a
one-dimensional contact process with two infection parameters. One of these
parameters gives the infection rates at the boundaries of a finite infected
region and the other one gives the rates within that region. We prove that
the critical value of each of these parameters is a strictly monotone
continuous function of the other parameter. We also show that if one of
these parameters is equal to the critical value of the standard contact
process and the other parameter is strictly larger, then the infection
starting from a single point has a positive probability of surviving.

More complete information about the seminars can be found at

http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3398

Sincerely,

Organizers: Giulio Iacobelli e Maria Eulalia Vares

Não
contém vírus.www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>