[ABE-L] Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE - 2014

Francisco Cysneiros cysneiros em de.ufpe.br
Sáb Nov 22 20:56:54 -03 2014

*Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE*

"*Modelagem e análise de dados incompletos*"

Dra. Anna Sikov

IME - USP

Data: 25 de novembro de 2014 (quarta-feira)

Horário: 16:00 horas

Segundo andar do CCEN

Resumo

In this research we develop and apply new techniques for handling nonignorable
nonresponse. Most of the methods dealing with this problem assume that the
missingness (nonresponse) is only for the target outcome variable, whereas
the auxiliary (explanatory) variables are observed for both the respondents
and the nonrespondents. This, however, is not always true and we consider
also the case of ‘unit nonresponse’, where the auxiliary information for
the nonrespondents is likewise unobserved, except, perhaps, for the
population means of some or all of the auxiliary variables. These means are
often available from administrative and census records. In order to
evaluate our approach and compare it to other approaches studied in
the literature,
we analyze income data collected as part of the Household Expenditure
Survey carried out by the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics in 2005. The
initial response rate in this survey was as low as 43%. After several
recalls, the response rate went up to 90%. This survey provides us
therefore the unique opportunity of comparing the imputed values after the
first interview with the actual true values obtained.
--
Francisco José A. Cysneiros
Associate professor