[ABE-L] Seminário Conjunto UFSCar/ICMC – 10/04/2015 - 14h00 - no ICMC-USP

Jorge Luis Bazan jorgeluisbazan em yahoo.com
Seg Abr 6 22:24:47 -03 2015

 Estamensagem é para divulgar a palestra desta semana do Seminário Conjunto do Programa Interinstitucional de Pós-graduaçãoem Estatística (PIPGEs ICMC/USP e UFSCar), São Carlos.  Segue a informação.

LOCAL: Sala 4-005 – ICMC-USP, São Carlos, SP. TÍTULO: Waveletizing statistical procedures based on Fourier expansions Palestrante: Michel H. Montoril(IMECC-UNICAMP) Resumo: : In this work we will discuss the use of wavelets in statisticalmethodologies that are based on Fourier decompositions. We briefly overviewmethods like classification, estimation based on biased data, additiveregression and estimation of conditional densities. We focus on the problem ofestimating regression functions of heteroscedastic models of the kind Y = f(X)+ g(X) \epsilon, where \epsilon is independent of X, with mean 0 and variance1. We will emphasize theestimation of the probability function in mixture regression models. Basically,there is a process Y that can be observed randomly in the time, say T, which issupported on the unit interval. For a fixed time T = t, such a process can beeither a random variable (r.v.) V with probability f(t) or a r.v. W withprobability 1 - f(t), where V and W are assumed to have known and differentmeans. We illustrate this method by numerical simulation studies for differentprobability functions f. This is joint work with Brani Vidakovic (GeorgiaInstitute of Technology, USA). Favordivulgar a possíveis interessados.

Saudações, Jorge  Jorge LuisBazánProfessor Doutor(MS-3)
Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, ICMC-USP
C.P. 668 - São Carlos, SP, Brazil - CEP 13560-970http://www.icmc.usp.br/pessoas/jlbazan/