[ABE-L] Fw: LMS-CMI Research School: Developments in Modern Probability, 5-10 July 2015

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Seg Mar 9 13:57:12 -03 2015

Prezados colegas,
Repasso anúncio de Escola de Verão em Oxford, de certa forma satélite da conferência SPA.
att,
eulalia
From: Christina Goldschmidt <goldschm em stats.ox.ac.uk>
To: Christina Goldschmidt <goldschm em stats.ox.ac.uk>
Sent: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:35:35 +0000
Subject: LMS-CMI Research School: Developments in Modern Probability, 5-10 July 2015

Dear colleagues,I'm writing to publicise a probability summer school which will be held in Oxford from 5th-10th July 2015 (to tie in with SPA 2015 which will take place in Oxford the following week).  The school is co-funded by the London Mathematical Society and the Clay Mathematics Institute, and is principally intended for PhD students and postdocs, although others are also welcome to apply to attend.

There will be three five-hour mini-courses:

Nathanaël Berestycki (Cambridge)

Two-dimensional Liouville quantum gravity and the Gaussian free field.

Paul Bourgade (Courant)

Random matrices and PDEs.

Ivan Corwin (Columbia)

Integrable probability and the KPZ universality classes.

Please see http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/events/lms-cmi_research_school for more details.

There will be a registration fee of £150 for PhD students and £250 for postdocs and other participants.  There are 54 places available with dinner, bed and breakfast included.  These will be provided free of charge to PhD students and postdocs; other participants will be charged the full subsistence cost of £580 in addition to the registration fee.  We will be able to accept more participants than this number, provided that they are able to arrange their own accommodation and meals in Oxford, up to the limit imposed by the size of the lecture room.

UK-based participants must pay their own travel expenses.  There will be support available to contribute towards the travel expenses of overseas-based participants.

The closing date for applications is Monday 13th April 2015.

I would be most grateful if you could pass this message on to your students and postdocs, and to anyone else you think might be interested in participating.

Best wishes,

Christina Goldschmidt, Dmitry Belyaev, Alison Etheridge and Ben Hambly.

--
Maria Eulalia Vares
Departamento de Métodos Estatísticos