[ABE-L] Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE - 2015

Francisco Cysneiros cysneiros em de.ufpe.br
Seg Mar 16 17:15:07 -03 2015

*Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE*

"The dimension of the range of a transient random walk"

Dr. Alex Ramos

Departamento de Estatística - UFPE

Data: 18 de março de 2015 (quarta-feira)

Horário: 16:00 horas

Segundo andar do CCEN

Resumo
We will  introduce the large scale Hausdorff dimension defined by Barlow
and Taylor (1988) and then define the large scale fractal percolation in
Z^d. Using the large scale fractal percolation, we find formula for the
macroscopic  Hausdorff dimensions
of the range of an arbitrary transient walk in Z^d. This endeavor  solves a
problem of Barlow and Taylor (1991). This is joint work with Nicos
Georgiou, Davar Khoshnevisan, and Kunwoo Kim.

--
Francisco José A. Cysneiros
Associate professor