[ABE-L] Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE - 2015

Francisco Cysneiros cysneiros em de.ufpe.br
Dom Nov 8 19:51:44 -03 2015

Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE

"Mathematical properties of some generalized gamma models"

Palestrante : Dra. Maria do Carmo Soares de Lima
Departamento de Estatística - UFPE

Data: 11 de novembro de 2015 (quarta-feira)

Horário: 16:00 horas

Segundo andar do CCEN

Resumo:
The modeling and analysis of lifetimes are important aspects of statistical
work in a wide variety of scientific and technological fields. We study
some relevant mathematical properties of the recent family called gamma-G
family [Zografos and Balakrishnan (2009) and Risticand Balakrishnan
(2011)], denoted here by “GG”, for short, where G is called the baseline
distribution. As a baseline, we choose five widely-known distributions:
Birnbaum-Saunders Normal, Lindley, Nadarajah-Haghighi and an extended
Weibull. The fourth one is the most recent, studied by Nadarajah, Haghighi
(2011), who developed some of its interesting properties. We demonstrate
that the new densities functions can be expressed as linear combination of
exponentiated-G (“EG”, for short) density functions. Further, various of
their structural properties are derived, including explicit expressions for
the moments, quantile and generating functions, mean deviations,
probability weighted moments and two types of entropy. We also investigate
the order statistics and their moments. Maximum likelihood techniques are
used to fit the new models and to show their potentiality.

--
Francisco José A. Cysneiros
Associate professor