[ABE-L] Fwd: First call for abstracts for the 2016 International Workshop on Total Survey Error (ITSEW)

Pedro Luis do Nascimento Silva pedronsilva em gmail.com
Seg Fev 29 06:05:41 -03 2016

Colegas,

Para conhecerem. O evento em questão é bastante atraente para os que atuam
na área de pesquisas por amostragem e estudos observacionais.

Saudações, Pedro.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Schubert <paul.schubert em abs.gov.au>
Date: 2016-02-28 19:35 GMT-03:00
Subject: First call for abstracts for the 2016 International Workshop on
Total Survey Error (ITSEW)
To: Paul Schubert <paul.schubert em abs.gov.au>

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the first call for abstracts to be submitted for
the 2016 International Workshop on Total Survey Error (ITSEW), from *Sunday
9 October – Wednesday 12 October*, in Sydney, Australia.

This workshop is aimed at statisticians, survey managers and
methodologists, pollsters, public opinion researchers, and marketing
research professionals focused on survey quality and the challenges of big
data. The Total Survey Error (TSE) concept summarises the ways a survey
estimate may deviate from the corresponding value in the population. ITSEW
abstracts could cover topics including (but not limited) to the following:

   - inference from non-probability samples
   - designing questionnaires (of all modes) to minimise TSE
   - collection designs that minimise errors
   - measuring impacts of and adjusting for errors or methodological
   changes.

A more detailed elaboration of these topics is attached below.

We invite proposals for either papers, or posters. These formats are
described below.

   1. Papers
   Each author will submit an abstract (maximum of *300 words*) for a short
   paper (maximum of *5 pages*) by 26 April. Papers on research still in
   progress are highly encouraged. We also invite discussion as to the
   practical implications of the findings.
   The short papers will be disseminated to all attendees prior to the
   workshop so that the audience is prepared for the discussion. At the
   workshop, authors will have *15 minutes* to highlight relevant aspects
   of the paper and motivate the discussion. Each session will consist of
   three papers, a contribution by a discussant, and general floor discussion.
   2. Posters
   Alternatively, each author can submit an abstract for (or description
   of) a poster. We plan to have an area for displaying posters, and two
   sessions where each author will have two minutes to give a 'quickfire'
   overview of their poster to other workshop participants. These sessions are
   planned to be more informal, with nibbles and drinks.

A further email will be sent when the workshop website is available for
workshop registrations and abstracts to be submitted (expected to be by
mid-March). Applicants will be notified of the acceptance of their
abstracts by early June.

A 'save the date' flyer for the workshop is attached. If you would like
further information, or would like to register your interest in attending
the workshop (no commitment required yet) as places will be limited, please
email Rachel Barker at *rachel.barker em abs.gov.au* <rachel.barker em abs.gov.au>

*(See attached file: ITSEW2016_Save the Date.pdf)*

   *(See attached file: Detailed list of possible ITSEW topics.rtf)*

We look forward to seeing you in Sydney!

Paul Schubert, Australian Bureau of Statistics
on behalf of the 2016 International Total Survey Error Workshop 2016
Planning Committee

*Paul Schubert *

*Program Manager*

Statistical Methodology Branch

Methodology Division | Statistical Business Transformation Group | *Australian
Bureau of Statistics*

*(P)** (02) 6252 6591  * *(M) **0449 290 890 **  (F) **(02) 6252 6470  *

*(E)*  *paul.schubert em abs.gov.au* <paul.schubert em abs.gov.au>   *(W)*
*www.abs.gov.au* <http://www.abs.gov.au>

*The Australian Bureau of Statistics acknowledges the traditional
custodians of country throughout Australia and recognises their continuing
connection to land, waters and community. We pay our respects to them and
their cultures, and elders, both past and present.*

--
Pedro Luis do Nascimento Silva
*ISI President 2015-2017*