[ABE-L] RSS journal(s) moving to electronic-only

Dani Gamerman dani em im.ufrj.br
Ter Maio 24 11:56:12 -03 2016

From: RSSMembership <R7 em rss.org.uk>
Sent: Tue, 24 May 2016 14:18:45 +0000
Subject: A message from the RSS President: Your RSS journal(s) [UTF-8?]–
moving to electronic-only

I am writing to let you know about a change to the way we deliver your
journals.  For some years now, RSS members have had electronic access to their
subscribed publications through My RSS<http://www.rss.org.uk/myrss>. You may
also have seen that we have recently launched a series of
apps<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-
985X/homepage/download_the_new_apps_today_.htm>, enabling you to access our
journals on your Apple or Android device.  Council believes that this is the
future of journal publishing, and having carefully considered the
implications, has decided to move to an electronic-only model. Print copies of
the [WINDOWS-1252?]Society’s three journal series will cease from January
2017.

Over a quarter of RSS members already subscribe [WINDOWS-1252?]‘electronically
[WINDOWS-1252?]only,’ and I hope that you will also embrace this move.  The
benefits of electronic publishing include: faster publishing speeds; increased
content; instant access from a range of electronic devices; additional
functionality; and of course, environmental sustainability.

If you have any queries or concerns about this move to electronic-only
publishing, or want to look at the benefits in more detail, please do take a
look at the Questions and
Answers<http://www.rss.org.uk/RSS/Publications/Journals/Moving_to_electronic-
only_journals/RSS/Publications/Journals_sub/RSS_Journals_moving_to_electronic_
only.aspx?hkey=168f5c00-2eff-4588-8182-7da995c6ef51> on our StatsLife site.
Please note that this change only affects the journals, and not Significance
magazine, which will continue to be a print publication.

With best wishes

Peter J Diggle
President

Dani Gamerman