[ABE-L] Seminário do PIPGES-UFSCar/USP

Vera Tomazella veratomazella em gmail.com
Seg Mar 20 19:29:51 -03 2017

Caros

O  PIPGES-UFSCar/USP convida para uma palestra nesta  quarta feira (22/3)
as 15h no ICMC/USP na sala 5-101.

Title: New ideas in modelling for survival analysis

Karim Anaya-Izquierdo (University of Bath)

Abstract: In this talk I will present a novel functional approach to
generate distributions on the positive real line. The approach is based on
the cumulative hazard function and can be used to generate flexible
parametric families of distributions. Motivated by this  approach, I will
also present  a new minimum distance method of parameter estimation.

Karim Anaya-Izquierdo is member of the Statistics Group in the Department
of Mathematical Sciences at University of Bath (UK). His main research
interest is on the emphasis on the use of abstract geometric ideas to
develop new statistical models and methods. He is is visiting Francisco
Louzada and Daniele Granzotto under the CEPID-CeMEAI project.

--
Profa. Vera Tomazella
UFSCar  São Carlos   Brazil