[ABE-L] Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE - 2015

Francisco Cysneiros cysneiros em de.ufpe.br
Sáb Jun 6 09:28:52 -03 2015

Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE

Título: "Estimation of an unknown analite concentration using beta
calibration models"

Palestrante: Dra. Betsabé Blas Achic - DE-UFPE
Msc. Mileno Tavares Cavalcante

Data: 10 de junho de 2015 (quarta-feira)

Horário: 16:00 horas

Segundo andar do CCEN

Resumo:
In Analytical Chemistry, the problem of determining a concentration of an
analite in a solution is usually studied by applying linear regression
models to data. In Statistics, this problem is described by the two-stage
calibration model. On the recent literature, we can find some calibration
models considering linearity in the two stages, and also considering
measurement errors. In this work, we will discuss some advances on the
problem of calibration for the non linear case, assuming that the dependent
variable is beta-distributed and that it is a function of an explanatory
variable, which is pre-fixed for the first stage and an unknown quantity
for the second stage. We also discuss some results for the case that there
are measurement errors in the independent variable. Finally, an application
is presented.
--
Francisco José A. Cysneiros
Associate professor