[ABE-L] Seminários de Probabilidade e Sistemas Complexos, ICMC-USP & UFSCar. Sexta 22/05 (16h00)

Pablo Martin Rodriguez pablor em icmc.usp.br
Seg Maio 18 13:10:00 -03 2015

Prezados colegas e alunos,

Esta mensagem é para divulgar a palestra desta semana do ciclo de Seminários de Probabilidade e Sistemas Complexos , ICMC-USP & UFSCar, São Carlos. Uma lista das palestras passadas, e as próximas, pode ser encontrada no seguinte link:

http://www.icmc.usp.br/pessoas/pablor/seminar/pcs_seminar.html

Segue a informação da próxima sexta .
Ferromagnetic Ising model with periodical external field
Speaker: Manuel González Navarrete (IME-USP)
Date: 22/05/2015 • Time: 16h00 • Room: 4-111 (ICMC)

Abstract: We study the low-temperature phase diagram for a ferromagnetic Ising model on Z², with a periodical external magnetic field. The external field takes two values: h and -h, where h>0. The sites associated with positive and negative values of external field form a cell-board configuration with rectangular cells of sides L 1 × L 2 sites, such that the total value of the external field is zero. As a main result, we show the presence of a first-order phase transition. The phase transition holds if h< (2J ⁄ L 1 )+ (2J ⁄ L 2 ), where J is an interaction constant. We use the reflection positivity (RP) method. We apply a key inequality which is usually referred to as the chessboard estimate. Furthermore, we prove uniqueness for Gibbs measure in h>4J, using a uniqueness condition obtained in terms of disagreement percolation. Joint work with Eugene Pechersky and Anatoly Yambartsev.

Estão todos convidados! Favor divulgar a possíveis interessados.

Um abraço,

Pablo Martín Rodríguez
Professor Doutor (MS-3)
Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, ICMC-USP
C.P. 668 - São Carlos, SP, Brazil - CEP 13560-970