[ABE-L] Fwd: 6th International Statistical Ecology Conference - updates

Associação Estatística secretaria em redeabe.org.br
Sex Jun 2 11:13:32 -03 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ISEC 2018 conference <isec2018 em st-andrews.ac.uk>
Date: 2017-06-02 10:27 GMT-03:00
Subject: 6th International Statistical Ecology Conference - updates
To: ISEC 2018a <agelsec18 em st-andrews.ac.uk>

Dear colleague,

We would be yet again most grateful if you could circulate this
message among your network lists. Many thanks and Kind regards-

You might already have put a placeholder in your calendar for the week of
the *2-6th July 2018* <http://www.isec2018.org/home>, when the 6th
International Statistical Ecology Conference will be held in St Andrews,
Scotland.
This e-mail purpose it to update you regarding our plans to host you. Do
not forget to visit our website http://www.isec2018.org/home for regular
updates, or if you have not received this e-mail directly, subscribe to
updates via the* form*
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKoqfN69MGPnrJrVbAwAwdohGmTJcTpdnQs3mhwr4cVTXwUQ/viewform?c=0&w=1>
on
the webpage.

The science is the key aspect of ISEC, and we anticipate a highly motivated
set of speakers to facilitate that. The set of *plenary speakers*
<http://www.isec2018.org/27754> is now closed, and includes:
 * Steve Buckland (University of St Andrews)
 * Stephen Ellner (Cornell University)
 * Jennifer Hoeting (Colorado State University)
 * William Link (USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Centre)
 * Tara Martin (University of British Columbia).

In line with previous conferences, training on cutting edge methods is also
a major component of ISEC conferences. We also have a number of interesting
*workshops* <http://www.isec2018.org/30254> lined up, taught by leaders in
their respective fields:
 * Combining different data types in a single model (N. Golding, N. Isaac &
E. Martin)
 * Template model builder (K. Kristensen, A. Nielsen & H. Skaug)
 * Modelling spatial point processes with inlabru (D. Borchers, J. Illian &
F. Lindgren)
 * Hierarchical modelling of species communities (O. Ovaskainen)
 * Model-based multivariate analysis of abundance data using R (D. Warton)
 * Statistical models for animal movement (M. Hooten, D. Johnson, B.
McClintock & J. Morales)

ISEC is also a good time to spend some informal time with your colleagues.
Who knows whether your next paper does not materialize when chatting about
birds with a newly met colleague on the isle of May on the Wednesday
afternoon. We have a number of potential *day trips and activities*
<http://www.isec2018.org/30546> to offer for that downtime afternoon, and
these include:
 * Boat trip to Isle of May National Nature Reserve
 * Tour of local distillery
 * Castle tour
 * Visit to Dundee waterfront
If you have suggestions about these activities, or additional alternatives,
we would be happy to *hear about these* <isec2018 em st-andrews.ac.uk>.

Of special interest to students is the student competition for best
presentations (oral and poster)!! This may encourage you to start thinking
about your research/abstracts in anticipation of the autumn submission
opening. You can have a look at the list of recipients at the *2014
conference* <https://isec2014.sciencesconf.org/> or look for photos of
awards presentation from ISEC2016 on *twitter feed*
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/isec2016?lang=en>!

Finally, we would like to draw your attention to the important dates
regarding your participation:
 => Abstract submission opens: Wednesday 01 November 2017
 => Abstract submission deadline: Monday 15 January 2018
 => Decision notification: week of Monday 12 February 2018
Registration fees are yet to be set, but again- visit the website to look
for that update =)

That is all for now. We look forward to see you in St Andrews in about a
year!
The local organising <http://www.isec2018.org/27805> committee of ISEC 2018

--
Luana Takahashi