[ABE-L] Fwd: Postdoctoral position in Microbial Metagenomics and Bioinformatics UFBA

Anderson Ara anderson.ara em ufba.br
Ter Jan 23 00:35:59 -03 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Pedro Meirelles <pedrommeirelles em gmail.com>
Date: qui, 18 de jan de 2018 às 12:54
Subject: Postdoctoral position in Microbial Metagenomics and Bioinformatics

Dear colleagues,

We are looking for a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral researcher,
specialized in metagenomics and sequence analysis. Candidates should have
interest in working at the interface between bioinformatics, statistics,
modeling and microbial ecology. In his/her role, he/she will lead the
bioinformatics analysis working within an interdisciplinary and
international team developing an exciting research project about the
effects of Climate Changes on aquifers’ microbiomes.

This project is funded by Serrapilheira Institute (https://serrapilheira.org).
The project was designed to be done in four years. During the first year,
we will analyze large publicly available metagenomic datasets. This year is
crucial to have the other three years funded. If so, we will perform field
and laboratory experiments, which will allow his/her computational results
to be experimentally validated.

I will be very grateful if you forward this email to your peers,
Institutes/Departments and share our announcements in social media:

https://www.facebook.com/meirelleslab
https://twitter.com/MeirellesLab/status/953999031285506048
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeGDXPejDTO/

Applications deadline: February 20th

For more information to apply please visit our website:
http://meirelleslab.org/opportunities/postdoctoral-position-call/

[image: BIOME_POSTDOC_email mkt.png]

Best wishes

--
Pedro Milet Meirelles
Associate Professor

--
Anderson Ara
www.mwstat.com/andersonara/

"Imagination decides everything"  - Blaise Pascal