[ABE-L] Assistant professorship in Prob & Stats at McMaster University

Heliton Tavares helitontavares em gmail.com
Seg Nov 5 12:54:11 -03 2018

Hi folks,

The department of mathematics & statistics at McMaster has an open position
for a  tenure-track assistant professor in probability &
statistics: specifically, for "candidates with a PhD in Statistics,
Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field and a proven record of
research excellence in Probability or Statistics in an area bridging
fundamental and applied approaches". I personally am particularly
interested in attracting candidates with interesting applied research
strengths; of course, I have a bias toward population biology/dynamics and
bioinformatics, but I would happy to be see applications from any
scientists with a creative and thoughtful research program.

McMaster is a research-intensive university with strengths in health
sciences and engineering; applicants would find lots of potential
collaborators in the biology and psychology, neuroscience and behaviour
departments and in the faculty of health science (among many others).

We will start to review applications on November 15 (sorry for the short
notice!); feel free to give me (Ben Bolker, bolker em mcmaster.ca) a heads-up
if you are planning to apply but won't be able to complete your application
by that time, or with any other questions.

There are many competing, open positions in statistics this year at
excellent universities throughout Canada and the US (maybe even at your own
institution); I’d encourage you (or your early-career
associates) to consider McMaster as one of your options.

See
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.mathjobs.org_jobs_jobs_12792&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=zAVYZd3B5rRMa_OS6MyRQQ&m=BeWZ_rSy8tKrD8lZI832SUvM_d-EvJDCtY8YfhXW-JE&s=aj3dWASMtbRWr2_sZzIvenGIYE6UxaWKCRWz8zrUQUI&e=
 (or
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tinyurl.com_macstats2018&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=zAVYZd3B5rRMa_OS6MyRQQ&m=BeWZ_rSy8tKrD8lZI832SUvM_d-EvJDCtY8YfhXW-JE&s=gWTPCCJjP-XZ2Or1oMn7KFOy7TqpS5Rsr2eWPzIwfdg&e=)
for details.

Please redistribute this information widely!