[ABE-L] Fwd: Statistics' Biggest Award Goes to...

Pedro Luis do Nascimento Silva pedronsilva em gmail.com
Seg Nov 12 21:06:15 -03 2018

Caros redistas,

Segue notícia sobre a premiação máxima da nossa comunidade internacional.
Neste ano o agraciado é o Prof. Bradley Efron!

Saudações, Pedro.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ASA <asamail em amstat.org>
Date: seg, 12 de nov de 2018 às 12:58
Subject: Statistics' Biggest Award Goes to...
To: <pedronsilva em gmail.com>

<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNjc/index.html>
International Prize in Statistics Awarded to Bradley Efron

Statistics' equivalent of the Nobel Prize awarded for creation of the
'bootstrap'
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNjg/index.html>

The International Prize in Statistics recognizes a major achievement in the
field of statistics, and this year's prize was awarded in recognition of
the "bootstrap!"

This novel method for assessing the uncertainty of scientific results,
developed by Efron in 1977, has transformed our ability to use and
understand data and had a major impact on science.

*See a chart of this impact*
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNjk/index.html>
and a simple explanation of the bootstrap that even your non-stats-savvy
friends will understand!

You can also help us celebrate by sharing this story on social media:
[image: facebook]
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNzA/index.html>
[image: twitter]
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNzE/index.html>
[image: linkedin]
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNzI/index.html>
[image: addthis]
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNzM/index.html>

This prize isn't just an opportunity for us to look back on an
accomplishment that's helped make our profession what it is today. It's an
opportunity to help others understand how important our work can be.

You're part of a tremendous community of movers and shakers in a field that
has advanced society, science, technology, and human welfare. All of us
here at the ASA are tremendously excited to see what we can achieve
together in the future.

*Join us in congratulating Bradley Efron, the ASA's 2004 president, on
receiving this prestigious award!*
[image: facebook]
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNzQ/index.html>
[image: twitter]
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNzU/index.html>
[image: community]
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNzc/index.html>
[image: thisisstatistics]
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyNzk/index.html>

*American Statistical Association*

732 North Washington Street

Alexandria, VA 22314

asainfo em amstat.org | (703)-684-1221 | *Visit our website*
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyODE/index.html>

Having trouble viewing this email? *Click here to view in your browser.*
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyODQ/index.html>

*Click here to unsubscribe.*
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnU9MTA5MTE2MDkzMCZsaT02MDMwNTI4NiZsPWh0dHA6Ly9BU0FTU09DLmluZm9ybXoubmV0L0FTQVNTT0MvcGFnZXMvdW5zdWI_X3pzPVM3U09lMXxfem1pPWxYU2g/index.html>
[image: Higher Logic]
<http://ASASSOC.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04MDk1NzQzJnA9MSZ1PTEwOTExNjA5MzAmbGk9NjAzMDUyODc/index.html>

--
Pedro Luis do Nascimento Silva
IBGE - Escola Nacional de Ciências Estatísticas