[ABE-L] XXIII Brazilian School of Probability - Vladas Sidoravicius

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Dom Jun 9 14:28:57 -03 2019

Dear Colleagues,

The XXIII Brazilian School of Probability, EBP23, which will be held during
July 22-27 2019, at the ICMC-USP São Carlos, SP-Brazil,

will be *dedicated to the memory of our esteemed colleague*

*Professor Vladas Sidoravicius* who, unfortunately, passed away recently in
Shanghai-China. Vladas was a researcher of great importance in Probability
and made an extremely important contribution to the recent development and
progress of this field in Brazil. We will miss him!

We invite you to visit the event webpage XXIII Escola Brasileira de
Probabilidade <http://ebp23.icmc.usp.br/> for registration and submissions,
and where a tribute to our dear colleague Vladas will be available in the
near future.

Please feel free to distribute this message. Thanks.

The EBP organizers (Luiz Renato Fontes, Sandro Gallo, Maria Eulalia Vares,
Paulo A. Faria da Veiga)