[ABE-L] Seminário do PIPGES UFSCar/USP

Ricardo Sandes Ehlers ehlers em icmc.usp.br
Sáb Mar 9 09:18:15 -03 2019

Caros redistas,

O PIPGEs UFSCar/USP convida para o próximo seminário dia 22/3/2019 no
auditório Luiz Antonio Fávaro, ICMC/USP.

Title: A flexible cure rate model based on the polylogarithm distribution
Author: Diego I. Gallardo Mateluna (Universidad de Atacama, Chile).

Abstract: Models for dealing with survival data in the presence of a cured
fraction of individuals have attracted the attention of many researchers
and practitioners in recent years. In this paper, we propose a cure rate
model under the competing risks scenario. For the number of causes that can
lead to the event of interest, we assume the polylogarithm distribution.
The model is flexible in the sense it encompasses some well known models,
which can be tested using large sample test statistics applied to nested
models. Maximum likelihood estimation based on the EM algorithm and
hypotheses testing are investigated. Results of simulation studies designed
to gauge the performance of the estimation method and of two test
statistics are reported.The  methodology is applied in the analysis of a
data set.

Saudações,
Ricardo Ehlers