[ABE-L] [LACSC2020] - Call for Participation

Eufrasio eufrasio em de.ufpb.br
Qua Nov 6 14:35:30 -03 2019

Dear colleague,

The Department of Statistics and the Department of Industrial & Operations Engineering of the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) are proud to announce the V Latin American Conference on Statistical Computing (LACSC 2020) to be held in Mexico City from June 9 to June 11, 2020. Before the beginning of LACSC 2020 (on June 7-8, 2020), the 3rd LARS-IASC School on Computational Statistics and Data Science will take place at the ITAM facilities. The theme of the School will be “Stochastic Simulation and Reinforcement Learning”. Keynote speakers and invited instructors will be announced.

LACSC is the annual conference of the Latin American Regional Section of the International Association for Statistical Computing (LARS-IASC). The main purpose of LACSC is to foster the progress of the theory, methods and practice of statistical computing in Latin America. In 2020 we will have the 5th edition of LASCS in Mexico City, following its previous annual editions of 2016 in Gramado (Brazil), Valparaíso (Chile), San José (Costa Rica), and Guayaquil (Ecuador). LACSC invites contributions on Statistical Computing, Data Analysis, Multivariate Statistics, Classification, Data Mining, Optimization, Modeling, Applications, Big Data, Optimization Heuristics, Stochastic Simulation, Machine Learning.

Please, find enclosed a Call for Participation, and further information on LACSC 2020 and the 3rd LARS-IASC School on Computational Statistics and Data Science can be found in our website http://lacsc2020.itam.mx./

We look forward to meeting you in Mexico City.

Kind regards,

The Local Organizing Committee LACSC 2020:

Luis Moncayo Martínez (Chair)

Ante Salcedo González

David Fernando Muñoz Negrón

Luis Montiel Cendejas