[ABE-L] FGV EMAp | Seminário: "Smoothing quantile regressions" por Eduardo Horta

Eduardo Fonseca Mendes eduardo.mendes em fgv.br
Seg Ago 17 13:26:00 -03 2020

Caros,
Gostaria de convidá-los para o seminário do prof. Eduardo Horta da UFRS, abaixo.
Grato
Duda

[cid:image001.jpg em 01D5E726.E0661E60]

Smoothing Quantile Regressions

We propose to smooth the objective function, rather than only the indicator on the check function, in a linear quantile regression context. Not only does the resulting smoothed quantile regression estimator yield a lower mean squared error and a more accurate Bahadur-Kiefer representation than the standard estimator, but it is also asymptotically differentiable. We exploit the latter to propose a quantile density estimator that does not suffer from the curse of dimensionality. This means estimating the conditional density function without worrying about the dimension of the covariate vector. It also allows for two-stage efficient quantile regression estimation. Our asymptotic theory holds uniformly with respect to the bandwidth and quantile level. Finally, we propose a rule of thumb for choosing the smoothing bandwidth that should approximate well the optimal bandwidth. Simulations confirm that our smoothed quantile regression estimator indeed performs very well in finite samples.

                                                                                                           Texto informado pelo autor.

Quando:

20 de Agosto de 2020, às 16h

Via Zoom

Registre-se com antecedência para este seminário:
https://ide-fgv-br.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJItf-Cvqj8iHNTLDTNN4cVvEVqVW7lN4DIS

Após o registro, você receberá um e-mail de confirmação contendo informações sobre conexão no seminário.

Palestrante:

Eduardo Horta - is an Assistant Professor and Early Career Researcher in the Department of Statistics at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. He holds a PhD in Economics from the same University (2015), having spent a season as Visitor Graduate Student (Sandwich Doctorate) at Queen Mary University of London (2013).  His research interests include functional time series, stochastic processes, financial econometrics, nonparametric methods and quantile regression.

[cid:image002.jpg em 01D5E726.E0661E60]

[DICOM]<http://clickb.e2b.fgv.br/Redir?70fa533b3913ecc36c7478f354c5fdd6&0bed2925da3f59552ca79f0624094d14>

[Facebook]<http://clickb.e2b.fgv.br/Redir?75d129a97aea2fbc31595aa175c7c929&0bed2925da3f59552ca79f0624094d14>

[Instagram]<http://clickb.e2b.fgv.br/Redir?2568680e36d190e5b0e0f8efa42bdb50&0bed2925da3f59552ca79f0624094d14>