[ABE-L] Seminário de probabilidade e processos estocásticos - IME-USP

Aline Duarte alineduarte em usp.br
Seg Ago 31 08:01:28 -03 2020

Prezados,

na próxima sexta-feira 2pm começa um novo ciclo dos seminários de
probabilidade e processos estocásticos do IME-USP. A agenda de seminários e
seus respectivos vídeos estarão disponível em
https://sites.google.com/usp.br/psps-ime-usp.

Atenciosamente,
Aline

*Seminário de Probabilidade e Processos Estocásticos*

Daniel Ungaretti  (IME - USP)
Next Friday, September 4th - 2pm
Live on Google Meets: https://meet.google.com/htw-ctsn-uua
Video recording will be available at:
https://sites.google.com/usp.br/psps-ime-usp

*Title*: SRW on the plane conditioned on not hitting the origin

Abstract: We will discuss the two-dimensional simple random walk
conditioned on never hitting the origin, which is, formally speaking, the
Doob's $h$-transform of the simple random walk with respect to the
potential kernel. This random walk is the main building-block of the
construction of random interlacements on the plane introduced by Comets,
Popov and Vachkovskaia.  However, this walk has become an interesting
object on its own. To justify this claim we present a few of its
properties, citing some of the current literature and presenting the results
of a recent joint work with Serguei Popov (Unicamp/CMUP) and Leonardo
Rolla (UBA/NYU
Shangai).