[ABE-L] Fwd: Probability Webinar - IM-UFRJ

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Seg Jul 20 18:17:02 -03 2020

*Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held next Monday, July 27, from *3 p.m. to
4 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The GoogleMeet link for the seminars is:
https://meet.google.com/nxh-optr-wtq

Speaker: *Daniel Valesin  (*University of Groningen)

Title: On the threshold of spread-out contact process percolation

Abstract: We study the stationary distribution of the (spread-out)
d-dimensional contact process from the point of view of site percolation.
In this process, vertices of \Z^d can be healthy (state 0) or infected
(state 1). With rate one infected individuals recover, and with rate
\lambda they transmit the infection to some other vertex chosen uniformly
within a ball of radius R. The classical phase transition result for this
process states that there is a critical value \lambda_c(R) such that the
process has a non-trivial stationary distribution if and only if \lambda >
\lambda_c(R). In configurations sampled from this stationary distribution,
we study nearest-neighbor site percolation of the set of infected sites;
the associated percolation threshold is denoted \lambda_p(R). We prove that
\lambda_p(R) converges to 1/(1-p_c) as R tends to infinity, where p_c is
the threshold for Bernoulli site percolation on \Z^d. As a consequence, we
prove that \lambda_p(R) > \lambda_c(R) for large enough R, answering an
open question of [Liggett, Steif, AIHP, 2006] in the spread-out case. Joint
work with Balázs Ráth.

All the talks are held in English.

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,

Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares