[ABE-L] Fwd: 30th International Biometric Conference (IBC 2020) (3367804)

Clarice Garcia Borges Demetrio clarice.demetrio em usp.br
Seg Mar 23 14:56:38 -03 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: 30th International Biometric Conference (IBC 2020) <
onbehalfof em abstractcentral.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 2:49 PM
Subject: 30th International Biometric Conference (IBC 2020) (3367804)
To: <clarice.demetrio em usp.br>

Greetings, I hope this email finds you well.

As it was announced late last week, we regret to inform you that IBC 2020
will not proceed as planned in July 2020. Please review the letter from IBS
President, Geert Verbeke and IBC 2020 Organizing President, Louise Ryan.

The International Program Committee along with the IBS Board of Directors
are exploring options and we will be in touch when we have more
information. Until that time please be patient with us.

Renato Assunção
International Program Committee Chair

*Message to Membership sent on 20 March 2020:*

Dear Colleague,

The IBS Executive Board met this week and discussed, amongst other things,
the global COVID-19 pandemic and its implications for IBC 2020, planned for
early July in Seoul, Korea. In consideration of extensive travel
restrictions being imposed by countries all over the world and with the
health of our IBS community in mind, the board decided that the
International Biometric Conference should not proceed as planned in July
2020.

We are actively discussing alternatives, including online offerings as well
as in-person meeting options, most likely for July and August 2021. We will
provide more information as soon as plans firm up in more detail.

Anyone who has already registered for IBC2020 may contact the business
office at ibs em biometricsociety.org to request a full refund. If any
registered members are in a position to simply let their university or
employer absorb the registration cost, this would be greatly appreciated
since it will help to offset some of the fairly considerable losses that
IBS will incur as a result of the changes.

In the meantime, we wish everyone can stay safe and manage the considerable
challenges of these troubling times,

Sincerely,
Geert Verbeke, IBS President
Louise Ryan, IBS Outgoing President and IBC Organizing President