[ABE-L] Próximo seminário de probabilidade - IM-UFRJ - 9 de novembro -

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Ter Nov 3 22:02:02 -03 2020

*Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held on Monday, *November 9*, from *3 p.m.
to 4 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The GoogleMeet link for the seminars is:
https://meet.google.com/nxh-optr-wtq

Speaker:  *Bernardo Nunes Borges de Lima (Dep. de Matemática - UFMG) *

Title: *Truncation of long-range percolation model  with square
non-summable interactions*

Abstract:  We consider some problems related to the truncation question in
long-range percolation. It is given probabilities that certain long-range
oriented bonds are open; assuming that these probabilities are not
summable, we ask if the probability of percolation is positive when we
truncate the graph, disallowing bonds of range above a possibly large but
finite threshold. This question is still open if the set of vertices is
$\Z^2$. We give some conditions in which the answer is affirmative. One of
these results generalize the previous result in [Alves, Hilário, de Lima,
Valesin, Journ. Stat. Phys. {\bf 122}, 972 (2017)]. Joint work with Alberto
M. Campos.

All the talks are held in English.

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,
Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares