[ABE-L] Seminário online de probabilidade - 4 de janeiro

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Sáb Jan 2 10:26:19 -03 2021

Prezados colegas,
divulgando o próximo seminário, na segunda-feira, 4/01/21.
Votos de um feliz 2021, com saúde e realizações.
Eulalia
==================

*Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held on Monday, *January 4*, from *3 p.m.
to 4 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The GoogleMeet link for the seminar is  https://meet.google.com/uew-ehhn-kby

Speaker:  *Daniel Ungaretti (IME-USP)*

Title: *Renewal Contact Process: phase transition and survival*

Abstract:  The Contact Process was introduced by Harris in 1974 and models
the spread of an infection on a graph. The state of each vertex is either
infected or healthy, and there are two competing factors that govern the
evolution of the process over time: infected vertices become healthy at
rate 1 and healthy vertices can get infected at a rate proportional to its
current number of infected neighbors. In two recent papers, Fontes,
Marchetti, Mountford and Vares introduced a generalization of the model in
which cures are given by renewal processes with some fixed interarrival
distribution. I will discuss how the choice of interarrival
distribution affects the spread of the infection, focusing on recent
developments  in which we improved the characterization of the interarrival
distributions for which there is phase transition. Joint work with Luiz
Renato Fontes, Tom Mountford and Maria Eulália Vares.

All the talks are held in English.

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,

Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com
<#m_-892765244832239011_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>