[ABE-L] Próximo seminário (online) de probabilidade - 25/01

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Ter Jan 19 11:02:04 -03 2021

*Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held on Monday, *January 25*, from *3 p.m.
to 4 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The GoogleMeet link for the seminar is  https://meet.google.com/uew-ehhn-kby

Speaker:  *Glauco Valle (IM-UFRJ)*

Title: *An Effective Class of Ballistic Random Walks in Mixing Random
Environments*

Abstract:  We study d-dimensional random walks in strong mixing
environments (RWRE), with underlying dimension d>=2. Under a suitable
polynomial effective condition, we prove a functional central limit theorem
of ballistic type. Specifically, we construct a new effective criterion
equivalent to usual ballisticity conditions. This construction allows us to
prove, in a mixing framework, the RWRE conjecture regarding the equivalence
between ballisticity conditions already proved for iid environments. We
then obtain the polynomial effective condition that provides the existence
of arbitrary finite moments for approximate regeneration times, yielding
the central limit theorem for the RWRE.

Joint work with Maria Eulalia Vares (UFRJ) and Enrique Guerra (PUC-Chile)

All the talks are held in English.

We take the opportunity to inform that the videos of the online seminars
held during 2020 are available at http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=2885

For the 2021 series, a few days after each meeting the video should be
available at http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3027

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,
Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com
<#m_-7482933065322600211_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>