[ABE-L] Ciclo de Palestras PPG Estatística UFRJ (Marcos Prates - 27/01 às 15:30)

Kelly Cristina kelly em dme.ufrj.br
Qui Jan 21 11:06:26 -03 2021

Prezados,

dando continuidade ao Ciclo de Palestras do Programa de Pós-Graduação
em Estatística do IM-UFRJ, *na próxima 4a feira, 27/01/21, às 15:30*,
teremos a palestra da professor:

*Marcos de Oliveira Prates (UFMG)*

*Título: *Spatial Confounding Beyond Generalized Linear Mixed Models:
Extension to Shared Components and Spatial Frailty Models

*Resumo: *Spatial confounding is defined as the confounding between the
fixed and spatial random effects in generalized linear mixed models
(GLMMs). It gained attention in the past years, as it may generate
unexpected results in modeling. We introduce solutions to alleviate the
spatial confounding beyond GLMMs for two families of statistical models. In
the shared component models, multiple count responses are recorded at each
spatial location, which may exhibit similar spatial patterns. Therefore,
the spatial effect terms may be shared between the outcomes in addition to
specifics spatial patterns. Our proposal relies on the use of modified
spatial structures for each shared component and specific effects. Spatial
frailty models can incorporate spatially structured effects and it is
common to observe more than one sample unit per area which means that the
support of fixed and spatial effects differs. Thus, we introduce a
projection-based approach for reducing the dimension of the data. An R
package named "RASCO: An R package to Alleviate Spatial Confounding" is
provided. Cases of lung and bronchus cancer in the state of California are
investigated under both methodologies and the results prove the efficiency
of the proposed methodology.
-----

A palestra ocorrerá remotamente, via Google Meets. Segue o link para o
acesso a sala: meet.google.com/ruv-ruxx-ehg . A sala será aberta sempre 10
minutos antes do início de cada sessão.

Contamos com a presença de vocês.
Acompanhem a atualização da programação do nosso ciclo de palestras no
sitio  www.dme.ufrj.br opção Atividades subopção Ciclo de Palestras. Para
ver palestras anteriores, se inscreva no nosso canal Ciclo de
Palestras Estatística
UFRJ  <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoLTqHW20Ne1qFYL2xYJOcg/featured>!

--
*Kelly C. M. Gonçalves*