[ABE-L] Fwd: Palestra - PGMAC/UEL - Prof. Rafael Izbicki

'Clarice Garcia Borges Demetrio' via abe-l@ime.usp.br abe-l em ime.usp.br
Ter Mar 23 16:15:12 -03 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rodrigo Pescim <rrpescim em uel.br>
Date: Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 4:04 PM
Subject: Palestra - PGMAC/UEL - Prof. Rafael Izbicki
To: clarice demetrio <clarice.demetrio em usp.br>

Olá Profa Clarice, tudo bem?

A profa poderia, por gentileza, fazer a divulgação de um webinário do
programa de pós em matemática aplicada e computacional da UEL ?

Obrigado.

Abraços,

Rodrigo

#########

O ciclo de palestras do Programa de Verão 2021 - Linha de pesquisa em
Modelagem Estatística - PGMAC/UEL convida a todos para o Webinário que será
ministrado pelo Prof. Rafael Izbicki da UFSCar na próxima sexta-feira
(26/03/2021) às 14h00.

TÍTULO: Quantification under prior probability shift: the ratio estimator
and its extensions

RESUMO: The quantification problem consists of determining the prevalence
of a given label in a target population. However, one often has access to
the labels in a sample from the training population but not in the target
population. A common assumption in this situation is that of prior
probability shift, that is, once the labels are known, the distribution of
the features is the same in the training and target populations. In this
paper, we derive a new lower bound for the risk of the quantification
problem under the prior shift assumption. Complementing this lower bound,
we present a new approximately minimax class of estimators, ratio
estimators, which generalize several previous proposals in the literature.
Using a weaker version of the prior shift assumption, which can be tested,
we show that ratio estimators can be used to build confidence intervals for
the quantification problem. We also extend the ratio estimator so that it
can: (i) incorporate labels from the target population, when they are
available and (ii) estimate how the prevalence of positive labels varies
according to a function of certain covariates.
DOCENTE RESPONSÁVEL: Prof. Dr. Rafael Izbicki
DATA: 26/03/2021
HORÁRIO: 14:00Hrs

--
Prof. Dr. Rodrigo Rossetto Pescim