[ABE-L] Próximo seminário (online) de probabilidade - 29/03

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Qua Mar 24 21:48:50 -03 2021

*Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held on Monday, *March 29*, from *3 p.m. to
4 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The GoogleMeet link for the seminar is  https://meet.google.com/uew-ehhn-kby

Speaker:   *Manuel** Cabezas* *(**Universidad** Católica de Chile,
Santiago)*

Title: *Lattice trees in high dimensions*

Abstract: Lattice trees is a probabilistic model for random subtrees of
*\Z^d*. In this talk we are going to review some previous results about the
convergence of lattice trees to the "Super-Brownian motion" in the
high-dimensional setting. Then, we are going to show some new
theorems which strengthen the topology of said convergence. Finally, if
time permits, we will discuss the applications of these results to the
study of random walks on lattice trees.

Joint work with A. Fribergh, M. Holmes and E. Perkins.

All the talks are held in English.

The videos of the online seminars held in 2020 are available at
http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=2885

For the 2021 series, a few days after each meeting the video should be
available at http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3027

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,
Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares