[ABE-L] Próximo seminário de probabilidade - IM-UFRJ -6 de dezembro

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Ter Nov 30 16:03:33 -03 2021

*Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held on Monday, *December 6, * from *3 p.m.
to 4 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The Zoom link for the seminar is

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83698166702?pwd=ejFxYmh3dVk5b3J3SG0wMWxEVnVrUT09

Speaker:  *Nancy Lopes Garcia  (IME-Unicamp)*

Title:   *Interacting cluster point process model for epidermal nerve
fibers (ENF)*

Abstract:  We propose an interacting cluster model for the spatial
distribution of epidermal nerve fibers (ENF). The model consists of a
spatial  process of parent points modeling the base points of nerve
fiber  bundles.
To each base point there is an offspring point process of fibers end points
associated.  The parent process is, possibly, inhibited by fiber endings
that belong to different base bundles. The fibers themselves have random
length and spatial orientation. We consider a non-orphan process where we can
connect each offspring to a parent. Cluster processes with repulsion are rare
in the literature. In this work we propose a model based on birth and death
processes for which we can approximate the likelihood function. Coefficient
estimation can be performed under the Bayesian paradigm via Markov chain
Monte Carlo methods.

Joint work with Peter Guttorp and Guilherme Ludwig.

All the talks are held in English.

The videos of the online seminars are available:

2020 -  http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=2885

2021-1  - http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3027

For the second semester, a few days after each meeting the video should be
available at http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3178

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,
Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares