[ABE-L] Seminários em Estatística e Ciência de Dados - Departamento de Estatística da UFBA

Paulo C Rodrigues paulocanas em gmail.com
Sex Out 22 10:20:00 -03 2021

Prezados Colegas,

Na próxima terça-feira, dia* 26 de outubro, às 16h30*, vamos dar
continuidade aos Seminários em Estatística e Ciência de Dados da
Universidade Federal da Bahia.

Este seminário será ministrado pelo *Professor Ivor Cribben*, do Department
of Accounting and Business Analytics, University of Alberta, Canada.

Ivor Cribben is an Associate Professor of Statistics and the Xerox Faculty
Fellow in the Department of Accounting and Business Analytics at the
Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta. He holds a PhD in
Statistics from Columbia University and a BA in Mathematics from Trinity
College, Dublin.

Os detalhes do seminários são os seguintes:

*Title*: Change point detection in high dimensional multivariate time
series networks

*Abstract*:Identifying change points in dynamic network structures has
become increasingly popular across various domains, from neuroscience to
telecommunication to finance. In this talk I will present two new change
point detection methods. The first method presents each network snapshot of
the data as a linear object and finds its respective univariate
characterization via local and global network topological summaries. We
adopt a change point detection method for (weakly) dependent time series
based on efficient scores, and enhance the finite sample properties of the
change point method by approximating the asymptotic distribution of the
test statistic using the sieve bootstrap. The second method uses
non-negative matrix factorization, an unsupervised dimension reduction
technique, and a new binary search algorithm to identify multiple change
points. We apply our methods to simulated and to resting-state and
task-based functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) data sets. For the
resting-state data set, we examine the test-retest reliability of dynamic
functional connectivity, while for the task-based data set, we explore
network dynamics during the reading of *Harry Potter* and the *Sorcerer's
Stone* and whether change points across subjects coincide with key plot
twists.

*Data*: 16h30 do dia 26 de outubro de 2021

*Transmissão ao vivo online em*: https://meet.google.com/tza-jvhn-upn.

Partilhem com os vossos colegas!

São todos bem-vindos!

Um abraço,
Paulo Canas Rodrigues
Paulo Henrique Ferreira

----------
Paulo Canas Rodrigues
*Professor* at Federal University of Bahia <http://ufba.br>, Brazil
*President*, Brazilian Region of the International Biometric Society
<http://www.rbras.org.br>
*President-Elect, International Society for Business and
<https://www.isbis-isi.org/>**Industrial* *Statistics*
<https://www.isbis-isi.org/>
*(Founding) Chair,SIG on Data Science, of the International Statistical
Institute <https://www.isi-web.org/>*
*Vice-Coordinator*, Specialization in Data Science and Big Data
<http://ecd.ufba.br>
*Member of the Board of Directors, *Brazilian Statistical Association
<https://www.redeabe.org.br/>
*Editor for*: CompStat <https://www.springer.com/journal/180>, SOIC
<http://www.iapress.org/index.php/soic>, Biom. Letters
<http://www.up.poznan.pl/biometrical.letters/>, Rev.Bras.Biom.