[ABE-L] [CSDS 2021] Final Scientific Program - 3rd Conference on Statistics and Data Science

Paulo C Rodrigues paulocanas em gmail.com
Sex Out 22 15:05:57 -03 2021

Dear Colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well.

We would like to ask your attention to the 3rd Conference on Statistics and
Data Science (http://www.csds2021.ufba.br/). October 28-30 is quickly
approaching, and we are very much looking forward to it!

We have now completely set the final scientific program, which can be found
here: http://www.csds2021.ufba.br/Arquivos/Preliminary_Schedule.pdf.

We are very pleased to have in our scientific program some of the key world
researchers in *statistics and data science*.

We will have *six Keynote Speakers*:

   - KS1: Ronald L. Wasserstein (Research Director, American Statistical
   Association)
   - KS2: João Carreira (Research Scientist, DeepMind)
   - KS3: Narayanaswamy Balakrishnan (Professor, McMaster University,
   Canada)
   - KS4: Nancy Ruonan Zhang (Professor, University of Pennsylvania, USA)
   - KS5: Francisco Louzada (Professor, University of São Paulo, Brazil)
   - KS6: Stephen Penneck (President, International Statistical Institute)

*Two round Tables*:

   - RT1: The challenges of Data Science (John Bailer; Luciano Oliveira,
   and Pedro Silva)
   - RT2: The future of Statistical education (Denise Silva, Nalini
   Ravishanker, and Marcos Magalhães)

*Five Short Courses*:

   - SC1:  Hugo Carvalho  (4h, PT, Applications of Markov Models in Music)
   - SC2: David Banks (4h, EN, Nonparametric Regression)
   - SC3:  Anderson Ara and Samuel Macêdo (4h, PT, Introduction to Big Data
   Analytics with R)
   - SC4: Tahir Ekin (4h, EN, Fraud Analytics)
   - SC5:  Crysttian Paixão (4h, PT,  Preparation of Textual Database for
   Analysis)

Please share this excellent opportunity with your colleagues. If you
haven't done so, you can still register until October 25 by filling in this
form: http://www.csds2021.ufba.br/registrationCSDS.html.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the CSDS 2021!

Best regards,
Paulo Canas Rodrigues
Chair of the Scientific Program Committee

Lizandra Castilho Fabio
Chair of the Local Organizing Committee

----------
Paulo Canas Rodrigues
*Professor* at Federal University of Bahia <http://ufba.br>, Brazil
*President*, Brazilian Region of the International Biometric Society
<http://www.rbras.org.br>
*President-Elect, International Society for Business and
<https://www.isbis-isi.org/>**Industrial* *Statistics*
<https://www.isbis-isi.org/>
*(Founding) Chair,SIG on Data Science, of the International Statistical
Institute <https://www.isi-web.org/>*
*Vice-Coordinator*, Specialization in Data Science and Big Data
<http://ecd.ufba.br>
*Member of the Board of Directors, *Brazilian Statistical Association
<https://www.redeabe.org.br/>
*Editor for*: CompStat <https://www.springer.com/journal/180>, SOIC
<http://www.iapress.org/index.php/soic>, Biom. Letters
<http://www.up.poznan.pl/biometrical.letters/>, Rev.Bras.Biom.