[ABE-L] Próximo seminário de probabilidade - IM-UFRJ - 11 de abril -

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Seg Abr 4 10:10:06 -03 2022

Dear colleagues,

Our next seminar will be held on Monday, *April 11, * from *3 p.m. to 4 p.m*.
(Rio de Janeiro local time).

We will be using the platform Zoom and the link is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83698166702?pwd=ejFxYmh3dVk5b3J3SG0wMWxEVnVrUT09

Speaker:  *Milton Jara (IMPA)*

Title: *Relative entropy and sharp convergence to stationarity of the
exclusion process*

Abstract:  After comprehensive work by Lacoin et al., the convergence to
equilibrium of the one-dimensional exclusion process  is well understood.
In particular, the mixing time and cut-off window are explicitly known. For
the particular example of the reversible exclusion process in contact with
reservoirs, we show how the mixing time depends on initial conditions which
are relevant in the hydrodynamic limit of the exclusion process. The
proof relies on log-Sobolev inequalities, relative entropy methods and the
CLT for the density of particles. Joint work with Patricia Gonçalves
(Lisbon), Rodrigo Marinho (Porto Alegre) and Otávio Menezes (West
Lafayette).

All the talks are held in English.

More complete information about the seminars will be available at
http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=2438

Those who do not wish to receive our next announcements may simply send an
email to  <eulalia em im.ufrj.br>  asking to be removed from the list.

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,

Organizers: Giulio Iacobelli and Maria Eulalia Vares

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>