[ABE-L] Posições em Estatística no CIMAT

Roberto Imbuzeiro Moraes Felinto de Oliveira rimfo em impa.br
Qua Fev 23 22:54:19 -03 2022

 https://www.cimat.mx/en/calls-research-position
https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/18928

---

*Tenure-Track Position in Statistics available at the Department of
Probability and Statistics, CIMAT, Guanajuato, Mexico.*

We are seeking applicants who will be keen to play an active role in either
enhancing or extending our current research as well as maintaining the
national and international reputation of our postgraduate programmes.
Applicants are expected to be working on modern research fields in
statistics— considering both theory and applications-- namely one, or the
intersection of, complex data and/or massive data analyses, complex models,
computer intensive methodologies. Additionally to the latter, applicants
working in the interface with Probability Theory are specially sought.

The appointee will have a strong commitment to both research and teaching,
and to interdisciplinary and consulting collaboration with the public or
private sectors, having the support of the consultancy staff at CIMAT and
will make a key contribution to advancing the department's competitive
position. The appointee will contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate
programmes by teaching one course per semester (
https://www.cimat.mx/en/academic_degree_programs).

CIMAT is part of the Mexican council for science and technology CONACyT (
https://conacyt.mx/), and is formed by three departments in the fields of
Mathematics, Probability and Statistics and Computer Sciences. The
Probability and Statistics Department faculty at Guanajuato consists of
nine researchers in the fields of Probability Theory and Stochastic
Processes and eight researchers in Statistics and its applications. The
Department provides an excellent environment for academic career
development including for early career researchers. We maintain a fruitful
collaboration with many prestigious institutions around the world and we
represent one of the most active and renowned research groups in Latin
America. We also provide opportunities for mentorship, collaboration across
disciplines and we are characterized by collegiality.

Equal employment opportunity, a diverse staff, and an inclusive and
wholesome working environment are fundamental principles at CIMAT. We are
committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all our employees,
regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, national
or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, disabilities, veteran status, or immigration status.

Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the
position:

i) An academic career with scientific achievements in accordance with the
length of time transpired after the doctorate. Mexican residents must be
members of the Sistema Nacional de Investigadores (SNI) or have the
appropriate academic achievements to successfully participate in the next
SNI application.
ii) Teaching experience in Statistics is desirable, in order to train
students at undergraduate, master and doctoral levels. Knowledge of the
Spanish language is not required for the first years. Review of
applications will start at the end of March 2022 and will continue until
the position is assigned. Applicants should submit the following documents
to Prof. Octavio Arizmendi, positions.statistics em cimat.mx Chair of the
Probability and Statistics Group, CIMAT, via email in a PDF format:

1. Cover letter.
2. Updated full curriculum vitae.
3. A brief description of current research interests.
4. A research statement describing applicant’s research goals for a period
of two years.
5. Electronic copies of the most relevant applicant's research papers.
6. At least two letters of recommendation sent directly to
positions.statistics em cimat.mx
7. Tentative date to join CIMAT.

--
Roberto Imbuzeiro Oliveira