[ABE-L] Do Pericchi: End of an Era for Statistical Science

Carlos Alberto de Braganca Pereira cpereira em ime.usp.br
Qui Jan 20 11:12:56 -03 2022

*Caros colegas e amigos aqui vai a mensagem que recebi de nosso amigo
pericchi.*

*Carlinhos*
---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: LUIS R. PERICCHI GUERRA <luis.pericchi em upr.edu>
Date: qui., 20 de jan. de 2022 às 10:53
Subject: End of an Era for Statistical Science

Sir David Roxbee Cox
have passed away...
He arrived at 97 years active in Statistical Science until his latest hours
as he always wanted...
Besides his enormous contributions and indispensable books,  I warmly
recall his years at Imperial College where he constructed a formidable
powerhouse later continued by Sir Adrian FM Smith.
I know pause to remember his powerful personality, incisive and creative
mind, his very British humor and hear again Elgar's Cello Concert, one of
his favorites.
Luis Raul Pericchi Guerra

--

Carlos Alberto de Bragança Pereira

ORCID ID: *https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6315-7484
<https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6315-7484>*

   -
   https://scholar.google.com.br/scholar?hl=pt-BR&q=carlos+alberto+de+bragan%C3%A7a+pereira&lr=&oq=
   -
   https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Carlos_Pereira7/publications?editMode=1&sorting=recentlyAdded

   - Senior Professor: Department of Statistic
   - University of São Paulo
   - *Statistics is the backstage science of most scientific research!*

*The Statistician is the Wizard who makes "scientific" statements about
   invisible states and quantities. However, contrary to the real wishes (or
   witches), (s)he attaches uncertainties to her/his statements.*