[ABE-L] Asia-Pacific Seminar in Probability and Statistics

Alejandro C. Frery acfrery em gmail.com
Sex Mar 4 15:06:33 -03 2022

Estão todos convidados.

Our next Asia-Pacific Seminar in Probability and Statistics will take place on Wednesday, 9 March 2022. at 6:30 PM NZT

The abstract is also our the web-page of APSPS https://lnkd.in/gNmxh5tZ

Title: A tale of two balloons

Abstract: From each point of a Poisson point process start growing a balloon at
   rate 1.  When two balloons touch, they pop and disappear.  Is every
   point contained in balloons infinitely often or not?  We answer this for
   the Euclidean space, the hyperbolic plane and regular trees.

    The result for the Euclidean space relies on a novel $0$-$1$ law for
   stationary processes.  Towards establishing the results for the
   hyperbolic plane and regular trees, we prove an upper bound on the
   density of any well-separated set in a regular tree which is a factor of
   an i.i.d. process.

Speaker: Omer Angel, University of British Columbia (Joint work with Gourab Ray and Yinon Spinka)

The Zoom meeting will open soon after 6:00 PM, and the seminar presentation will start at 6:30 PM.

Topic: APSPS#17
Time: Mar 9, 2022 06:00 PM Auckland, Wellington
https://lnkd.in/gRtHiJfj