[ABE-L] Dia internacional da mulher na estatística e ciência de dados

Pedro Luis do Nascimento Silva pedronsilva em gmail.com
Qui Set 15 07:01:47 -03 2022

Caros redistas,

Divulgo aqui, a pedido da Profa. Vanda Lourenço, uma chamada para
participação do primeiro 'Dia internacional da mulher na estatística e
ciência de dados'.

Maiores informações estão disponíveis nos links fornecidos no 'convite'
abaixo.

Saudações, Pedro

The first *International Day of Women in Statistics and Data Science* (
*http://www.idwsds.org/* <http://www.idwsds.org/>) is about to take place
in *October 11, 2022*. The initiative stems from a joint collaboration
between the Caucus for Women in Statistics and the Portuguese Statistical
Society. This will be a virtual event in the spirit of the first Around the
World conference <https://sites.google.com/view/cws-around-the-world/home>,
which means there will be a place for both live and recorded presentations.
Do register at the website so that you can keep up with the developments!

At this point we are now gathering landscape video of supporters, with each
supporter saying:

*“Happy First International Day of Women In Statistics and Data Science
from [name] in [city and/or country]**!”*

*in your native language**!*

Would you be willing to contribute with an informal video (can be recorded
on your cell phone)? If yes, do you agree that we make the video available
on-line? We will assemble the several brief recordings of contributors from
different parts of the world, with different native languages and make them
available on-line to help us celebrate this day more effusively!

The videos should be sent to idwsds1 em gmail.com (Subject: Happy IDWSDS) not
later than September the 26th.

We hope you can accept our invitation!

On behalf of the IDWSDS organization,

I hereby wish you a warm welcome,

Vanda Lourenço (CWS - Portuguese Country Representative & SPE - President
of the Supervisoy Board)