[ABE-L] Seminar on Probability and Stochastic Processes - IMEUSP - 04/11 - 2pm

Aline Duarte alineduarte em usp.br
Ter Nov 1 11:58:08 -03 2022

Prezados colegas,

na próxima sexta-feira, 04 de novembro, às 14h, acontecerá mais um
seminário híbrido do ciclo SPSP-IME-USP. O seminário será *presencial, *no
Auditório Jacy Monteiro (IME - USP), e transmitido simultaneamente no
YouTube, pelo link

https://youtu.be/3s8mnJp-iFc

Outras informações sobre os seminários passados e próximos seminários estão
disponíveis em  https://sites.google.com/usp.br/psps-ime-usp/in%C3%ADcio

Um abraço,

Aline Duarte

________________________________

*Seminar on Probability and Stochastic Processes*

Speaker: Leonel Zuaznabar (IME-USP)

Next Friday, *November 4th - 2pm*

Location: Auditório Jacy Monteiro (Bloco B, IME-USP)

Live on: https://youtu.be/3s8mnJp-iFc

Title: Asymptotic behavior of a low temperature non-cascading 2-grem
dynamics at extreme time scales

Abstract: We are interested in the study of a class of spin glass models
introduced by Derrida under the name of Generalized Random Energy Models
(GREM). They are based on Gaussian random variables on the hypercube {−1,
1}^N with an inherent hierarchical correlation structure. More
specifically, we consider the 2-GREM model evolving under the Random
Hopping Dynamics at extreme time scales, where it is close to equilibrium,
and visits the configurations in the support of the Gibbs measure. There
are two scenarios that may be distinguished: the cascading case (studied by
Luiz Renato Fontes and Veronique Gayrard in [FG+19]) and the non-cascading
case. The cascading occurs when the ground states energies are achieving by
adding up the ground states energies of the two levels. In the
non-cascading case the correlations are to weak to have an impact on the
extremes and the system ”collapses” to a Random Energy Models (REM), see
[BK04]. Also, in this case, the extremal configurations must differ in the
first index, this phenomenon justifies the non-cascading denomination for
our system. In this work we got some results about the asymptotic behavior
of the GREM model and the Random Hopping Dynamics in the non-cascading case.