[ABE-L] Ciclo de Seminarios PPGEst-UFRGS (Elias Teixeira Krainski - KAUST - 13/06 às 13:30)

RENATA ROJAS GUERRA renata.r.guerra em ufsm.br
Sex Jun 9 08:24:00 -03 2023

Prezados,

Temos o prazer de convidar a todos para o primeiro do Ciclo de Seminários 2023
do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFRGS (PPGEst-UFRGS) deste
trimestre!
Informações abaixo:

*Palestrante:* Dr. Elias Teixeira Krainski (King Abdullah University of
Science and Technology - KAUST)
*Data:* 13 de junho de 2023 (terça-feira) às 13h30min.
*Link:* mconf.ufrgs.br/webconf/ppgest
<http://mconf.ufrgs.br/webconf/ppgest?fbclid=IwAR0UD_0JwB-lj3Y8sXQQ7wv9K8L0nQzLkUBGHJpWrjsCXODFzMYZNyf-tm4>

*Título:* Building non-separable spatio-temporal models

*Resumo:* The development of spatio-temporal models faced the computational
burden usually it brings for model fitting. The separable spatio-temporal
models are usually employed due to its computational appealing properties.
Recent work has been carried out in order to advance this field. In this
talk we will focus on a class of models which are defined via the
Stochastic Partial Differential Equations -SPDE approach. We will present a
discretization approach to build sparse precision matrices which makes it
computationally feasible. An application is considered to illustrate it.

[image: Seminario1-PPGEST-UFRGS.jpeg]

Att,

--
*Profa. Dra. Renata Rojas GuerraDepartamento de EstatísticaUniversidade
Federal de Santa Maria*