[ABE-L] Seminários de Probabilidade e Sistemas Complexos, ICMC-USP & UFSCar - Sexta 13/03, 16h00

Pablo Martin Rodriguez pablor em icmc.usp.br
Qua Mar 11 07:14:22 -03 2015

Prezados colegas e alunos,

Esta semana retomamos os Seminários de Probabilidade e Sistemas Complexos, ICMC-USP & UFSCar, São Carlos. Segue a informação da primeira palestra do ano que será 16h00 na sexta, sala 4-005 do ICMC.
A large deviations principle for the Maki-Thompson rumour model
Speaker: Elcio Lebensztayn (IMECC-UNICAMP)

Date: 13/03/2015
Time: 16h00
Room: 4-005

Abstract: We consider the stochastic model for the propagation of a rumour within a population which was formulated by Maki and Thompson. Sudbury has established that, as the population size tends to infinity, the proportion of the population never hearing the rumour converges in probability to 0.2032. We prove a corresponding large deviations principle, with an explicit formula for the rate function.

Uma lista atualizada dos seminários do ano será mantida no site http://www.icmc.usp.br/pessoas/pablor/seminar.html

Estão todos convidados!

Um abraço,

Pablo Martín Rodríguez

Professor Doutor (MS-3)
Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, ICMC-USP
C.P. 668 - São Carlos, SP, Brazil - CEP 13560-970