[ABE-L] Good news

Josemar Rodrigues vjosemar em ufscar.br
Sex Dez 2 11:17:46 -03 2016

Caros colegas da rede da ABE,

Gostaria de compartilhar com os colegas desta rede este email que recebi pela manhã e que deixou-me muito feliz. Eu venho trabalhando com o querido prof. Bala durante estes últimos anos e esta escolha como "the Honorary Doctorate Degree of the National University of Athens, Greece, 2017  é mais do que merecido pela sua excelente contribuição para a Probabilidade e Estatística brasileira e internacional. Abs. Josemar

Dear Josemar and Francisco:

I trust this will find you both very well.  I just got back from India this morning after spending a week with my mother whose health is failing. Upon return, I got a very good news this morning.  I got a call from the office of the Rector of the National University of Athens, Greece, that I have been selected to be awarded the Honorary Doctorate Degree in their University in early 2017 for my contributions to the field of Probability and Statistics.  I thought I will share this news with both of you.

Thanks and best wishes,

Bala...

Professor N. Balakrishnan
Distinguished University Professor
McMaster University
Hamilton
Ontario
Canada L8S 4K1
email: bala em mcmaster.ca

"It is good to remember that time is precious, but it is more important to realize that you can make it memorable by being good to yourself and to all those around you."