[ABE-L] Seminarios em High Dimensional Data Analysis

Ronaldo Dias dias em ime.unicamp.br
Seg Set 30 22:03:56 -03 2019

Prezados(as)
Aos que puderam comparecer sejam bem vindos

Data: 2/10/19, as 13hs.

Title: An overview about graph distances

Abstract: Several applications in science and engineering can be described
as networks of points interconnected in accordance to some theoretical or
empirical justification, as is the case with social communities, brain
systems, traffic and terrain data, for example. Many graph theory
techniques can be applied to analyze such networks and the type of analysis
being performed is of paramount importance for the choice of methods to be
used. In this seminar we follow the work of Donnat and Holmes (Ann. Appl.
Stat., 2018) and present different types of graph distances that can be
employed for local or global network evaluations. We present an overview of
distances proposed for graphs, their advantages, drawbacks and some
guidelines for application.

--
Ronaldo Dias, Ph.D.
Professor