[ABE-L] Seminário de probabilidade e processos estocásticos - IME -USP

Aline Duarte alineduarte em usp.br
Ter Out 13 07:23:20 -03 2020

Caros colegas,

na próxima *sexta-feira*, 16 de outubro, às *15h, *acontecerá mais
um seminário do ciclo SPSP-IME-USP. O cronograma dos seminários pode ser
acompanhado em  https://sites.google.com/usp.br/psps-ime-usp.

Um abraço,
Aline Duarte
-------------------------------------

*Seminar on Probability and Stochastic Processes*

 Dirk Erhard - (IME - UFBA)
Next Friday, October 16th - *3pm*
Live on Google Meets: https://meet.google.com/htw-ctsn-uua
Video recording will be available on:
https://sites.google.com/usp.br/psps-ime-usp

*Title*: 2D anisotropic KPZ at stationarity

Abstract: The KPZ equation is the stochastic partial differential equation
in d space dimensions formally given by \partial_t h=\Delta h +\langle h,Q
h\rangle +\xi, where \xi is the so called space time white noise, i.e., a
gaussian process with short range correlations, and Q is a d dimensional
matrix. This equation was introduced in the physics literature in the late
eighties to model stochastic growth phenomena, is moreover connected to
(d+1) dimensional directed polymers in a random potential and is supposed
to arise as a scaling limit of a large class of interacting particle
systems. In this talk I will try to explain where this equation comes from,
why it is interesting, and how its behaviour depends on the spatial dimension.
I will mostly focus on the case of dimension 2, and I will comment on a
recent result which contradicts a folklore belief from the physics
literature.

This is based on joint works with Giuseppe Cannizzaro, Philipp Schönbauer
and Fabio Toninelli