[ABE-L] Próximo seminário (online) de probabilidade - 26 de outubro

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Qua Out 21 17:28:28 -03 2020

*Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held on Monday, *October 26*, from *3 p.m.
to 4 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The GoogleMeet link for the seminars is:
https://meet.google.com/nxh-optr-wtq

Speaker:  *Guilherme Ost  (IM-UFRJ) *

Title: *Self-Switching Markov Chains: emerging dominance phenomena*

Abstract:  In many dynamical systems in nature, the law of the dynamics
changes along with the temporal evolution of the system. These changes are
often associated with the occurrence of certain events. The timing of
occurrence of these events depends, in turn, on the trajectory of the
dynamical system itself, making the dynamics of the system and the timing
of changes in the dynamics strongly coupled.  Naturally, trajectories that
take longer to satisfy the event will last longer. Therefore, we expect to
observe more frequently the dominant dynamics, the ones that take longer to
change in the long run. In this talk, we will present a Markov chain model,
called Self-Switching Markov Chain (SSMC), in which the emergence of
dominant dynamics can be rigorously addressed. We will discuss conditions
and scaling in the SSMC under which we observe with probability one only
the subset of dominant dynamics. Moreover, we characterize these dominant
dynamics. Furthermore, we show that the switching between dynamics exhibits
metastability-like property. This is a joint work with Daniel Takahashi
(UFRN), Giulio Iacobelli (UFRJ) and Sandro Gallo (UFSCar).

All the talks are held in English.

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,
Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com
<#m_-6498824136945440257_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>